2 cups whole grain gluten free flour blend
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground onion powder
1/4 tsp ground thyme powder
1 cup chopped broccoli florets
2 slices vegan cheese (I used Chao cheddar)
1 cup liquid egg whites
1 cup unsweetened oat milk
1/2 cup extra light olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, oregano, basil, pepper, ground onion, and ground thyme, and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the broccoli florets with the vegan cheese slices into you have well blended small pieces.
- Mix the broccoli and cheese mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Add to the dry ingredients the egg whites, oat milk, and olive oil, and mix quickly, just until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet and well blended.
- Divide the batter among the muffin tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until puffed, golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.