Chocolate Chip Cake
1/2 cup vegan butter
1 cup agave
3 cups banana cream*
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
3 cup whole grain gluten free flour blend
1 cup gluten free oat flour**
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup tofu sour cream
1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
*To make banana cream: Slice bananas into three cups worth and put into the freezer. Freeze just long enough to begin to freeze but so they are still slightly flexible. If you put the banana slices until a shallow pan in an even layer, this would only take 15 to 30 minutes. You can also freeze the bananas ahead of time in a tupperware, and when you need it, microwave them for just a few seconds to keep them frozen but pliable. Put the mostly frozen pieces of bananas into a food processor and begin to process until the pieces turn into a creamy soft ice cream mixture. This will take several minutes. Make the mixture just before you are ready to add it to the wet ingredients.
**You can use store bought gluten free oat flour, but if you want more protein and fiber, take gluten free wholegrain rolled oats and put them into your food processor and process until you have oat flour. This will take several minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and prepare a Bundt pan. (I used a non-aerosol olive oil and ground flaxseed.)
- In a mixer, cream the vegan butter. Scrape down, and with the mixer on low, slowly pour in the agave and blend the butter and agave until smooth.
- Add the banana cream and blend just until mixed. Add the vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at time, mixing well with each addition. Set the wet mixture aside.
- Mix the flour blend, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add half the dry ingredients to the wet and blend. Add the tofu sour cream. Mix well, and then add the second half of the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the mini chocolate chips.
- Add the vinegar and mix just until blended.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes until the cake has puffed, is golden, and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.