1 cup vegan soy free butter
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp peppermint extract
2 cup favorite gluten free flour blend
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup millet flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the vegan butter until smooth. Add the coconut sugar and mix well, scraping down the sides.
- Add the egg, vanilla and peppermint extract. Blend well, scraping down the sides.
- Blend together the gluten free flour blend, sorghum flour, millet flour, and baking powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Add the chocolate chips and crushed candies.
- Chill the dough for one hour.
- On parchment paper sprinkled with flour and using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a large rectangle that is 1/4 inch think.
- If decorating, put sprinkles on top and gently press them into the dough. Cut the dough into sticks. We usually do one inch by 4 or 5 inches.
- Put the cookies onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until puffed and becoming stiff to the touch.
- NOTE: If you want, after pressing in the sprinkles, this dough can be cut into shapes and not just sticks.