Ice Cream Cake
2 pint size containers of allergy friendly vanilla ice cream (I used So Delicious coconut milk version)
8 to 10 oz package of allergy friendly chocolate sandwich cookies (I used KinniToos)
2 cups of allergy friendly chocolate animal crackers (I used K-Kritters)
2 pint size containers of allergy friendly chocolate ice cream (I used Cados avocado version)
one cup chocolate frosting (I used Simple Mills)
- Take out the four pints of ice cream and let them sit on the counter while you crush the cookies.
- Crush the chocolate sandwich cookies into bit size chunks and set aside.
- Crush the chocolate animal crackers into medium-sized crumbs.
- In a large bowl, scoop out the vanilla ice cream, and using a rubber spatula or wide wooden spoon, mix the chocolate sandwich cookie chunks into the ice cream until well mixed.
- Spread the ice cream evenly into a 10 inch spring form pan, making sure to level the ice cream flat.
- Sprinkle the chocolate animal cracker crumbs evenly over the layer of ice cream.
- Scoop out the chocolate ice cream into the large bowl and mix until the ice cream is soft and spreadable.
- Drop the ice cream gently in scoops to evenly cover the animal crackers. Then carefully spread the ice cream evenly over the chocolate crumbs and level the ice cream flat.
- Put the ice cream cake into the freezer for a few minutes while you’re working on the frosting.
- In a small bowl, stir the chocolate frosting until it is soft and spreadable. Spread it evenly over the ice cream cake.
- If desired, decorate the top of the ice cream cake with sprinkles.
- Put the cake back into the freezer and freeze until ready to eat.
- To cut the cake, run a butter knife around the edge of the pan and remove the side of the spring form pan. Run a large knife under hot water and cut the cake into wedges to serve.