“But what will you do with these….?”
I love making flour-less chocolate cake but if I don’t have egg whites and use whole eggs, I’m left with yolks which I don’t want to waste. So, I started looking around and discovered a nifty little recipe for egg yolk chocolate chip cookies. Of course, the recipe called for butter, sugar and all purpose flour, so a little revamping was required.
Here’s the recipe the kids and I reworked. Great little dessert bites for when you need just a little lift.
Gluten, Dairy Free Egg Yolk Chocolate Chip Cookies
6 egg yolks
1 tsp gluten free vanilla
1/2 cup soy free vegan butter
1/2 cup Truvia stevia-sugar blend
2 1/2 cup King Arthur whole grain gluten free flour blend
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the egg yolks with the vanilla. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the vegan butter until smooth. Add the Truvia blend and mix well.
- Add the egg yolks to the butter mixture and combine until smooth.
- Blend together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to the wet ingredients and blend well until combined.
- Add the mini chocolate chips.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Form batter into balls using level tablespoons of batter.
- Place formed cookie batter balls one inch apart on the cookie sheet and flatten each ball.
- Bake for about eight minutes, turning the cookie sheet halfway through the cooking time, until cookies are puffed and golden and firm to the touch.
- Let the cookies sit on the pan for two minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack to cool.