Blackberry Filled Mini Sponge Cakes
3 cups whole grain gluten free flour blend
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp ground flax seed
6 tbsp hot water
1/3 cup Polaner All Fruit
1/2 cup hot water
2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup safflower oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Polaner Blackberry All Fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- Mix the ground flax seed with the hot water, and let it thicken.
- In a large bowl mix together the blackberry all fruit with the hot water and add to it the mashed bananas, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the thickened flax seed to the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with the vinegar and mix just until blended.
- Evenly divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the cakes puff and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the mini cakes to a cooling rack and allow them to cool.
- After the cakes are cooled, fill a pastry bag with a round tip with blackberry all fruit, insert the tip into each cake until the tip is hidden by the cake, and then slowly squeeze the all fruit into the cake until the cake puffs. Slowly pull the cake tip out and fill in the remaining space with all fruit, just ’til a little bit of the all fruit is peeking out of the top of the cake.