1/2 cup gluten free flour blend
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp vegan butter
1 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup vegan butter
2/3 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups fresh blueberries
- Line a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the topping flour, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Using clean hands, squeeze the vegan butter into the dry ingredients until you have thick crumbs. Set aside.
- Mix together the batter flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream together the vegan butter and coconut sugar. Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between. The batter will look messy, like it’s all broken, but that’s the way it’s supposed to be.
- Add the dry batter ingredients to the wet and mix just until blended and smooth. The batter will be thick.
- Gently fold in the blueberries until the batter is completely mixed in with the berries.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, turning the pan halfway through at 25 minutes.
- The buckle will be golden and puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean when it is done.
- Cool for ten minutes on a wire rack. Loosen the sides of the cake with a butter knife from the springform pan, and release and remove the side pan. Let the cake cool completely and enjoy!