3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
3 cups cooked corn, cut off the ears
1 cup cooked, chopped kale
3 cups cooked, chopped carrots
1 cup “milk” (I used soy milk but you can use whatever type you’d like)
1 cup chopped green onions
3/4 cup egg whites (can also just use 3 whole eggs or if you want an egg free version, substitute 3 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 9 tbsp of hot water which you let sit to thicken or use 3/4 cup of aquafaba or simply increase the flour below to 1/2 to 3/4 cup)
1/4 cup gluten free oat flour (or any high protein/high fiber flour you’d like)
1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (I used cilantro and basil, but feel free to vary it)
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional but I like the flavor it adds)
Pompeian non-propellant olive oil cooking spray
- Mix the chopped chicken, kale and corn together.
- Puree the cooked carrots with the “milk” and add to the chicken-veggie mixture and blend well.
- Add the green onions.
- Whisk the egg whites (or whole eggs or flaxseed mixture) and add to the fritter mix, stirring well.
- Add the oat flour, herbs, garlic and the peppers and stir until all is well incorporated.
- Preheat a griddle to 350 or a shallow pan over medium heat and spray with the Pompeian olive oil spray.
- Stir the fritter batter and scoop mixture by the 1/4 cup and drop onto the hot griddle. Using a spatula, spread the mixture into 1/2 inch think circles.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on one side until browned. Flip with the spatula and cook on the other side until browned. Remove and repeat with the remaining mixture. You may need to occasionally respray the griddle with the olive oil spray. (Tip: to keep them warm, preheat the oven to the lowest temperature and put the fritters onto an oven safe plate in the oven.)