Two 16 cans no salt, no sugar chickpeas, drained and rinsed (you can save the liquid and use the aquafaba as an egg substitute or to make meringues or mousse or another recipe)
16 oz package thawed frozen cauliflower
16 oz package thawed frozen carrots
20 oz package thawed frozen chopped butternut squash
16 oz package frozen chopped kale
10 oz package frozen chopped red peppers
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1-3 tbsp curry powder (if you like your curry very mild, use the smaller amount; if you like a stronger flavor, use 2 or 3 tbsp)
2 tsp paprika
one 14 oz can of petite diced no salt no sugar tomatoes
one 14 oz can of coconut milk or 1 1/2 cup preferred other type of vegan milk
1/4 cup gluten free flour
- In a 6 quart crock pot mix together the chickpeas, cauliflower, carrots, squash, peppers and kale.
- In a shallow pan, heat the olive oil for a minute, then add the garlic, curry powder, and paprika. Heat for a minute, stirring continually.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the “milk” and bring to a slow boil.
- Stir in 1/4 cup flour and whisk well, stirring continually until the mixture is smooth and begins to thicken.
- Pour the sauce over the ingredients in the crock pot and blend well.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4.
- Serve by itself or with rice or with bread.