2 cups Enjoy Life chocolate chips
1 cup avocado oil
1 tsp vanilla
- In a large microwave safe bowl put the chocolate chips with the avocado oil. Heat for a minute. Then stir until the chips have completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and put into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Check the chocolate. It should have begun to harden around the sides but still be sloshy in the middle. Scraped down the sides and put the mixture back into the freezer for 10 more minutes. (If your pan is very shallow and the mixture is hardening in the center already, then you don’t need to put it back into the freezer. Just scrape down and follow the next step. My bowl is deep and requires almost 25 minutes in the freezer.)
- After the second time in the freezer, if needed, pull out the bowl, and scrape down the sides. The middle should no longer be sloshy but a soft hardening, not a completely solid hardening. Use the mixer to begin to whip the chocolate.
- Begin on low speed and slowly go to a higher speed, making sure to occasionally scrape down the sides. The chocolate mixture will become lighter in color and fluffy and creamy in texture.
- When the cake layers are completely cooled, frost the cake in between the layers and around the sides and top, and enjoy!