Chocolate Peppermint Drops
1 3/4 cups gluten free flour (we used King Arthur’s whole grain blend)
1/4 cup Hershey’s unsweetened special dark cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegan butter
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg (a large egg equal to 1/4 cup)
2 oz dark chocolate, melted and cooled
crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- Cream the vegan butter in a mixer and add the coconut sugar, blending well, scraping down sides as needed, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, egg and cooled, melted chocolate. Blend well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until all the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet.
- Roll level tablespoons of cookie batter in the crushed peppermints and place them on the prepared cookie sheet, about one inch apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the cookies have puffed slightly and begin to look drier and cooked.
- Remove the cookies to a wire cooling rack and allow them to cool.
- Enjoy when they are done cooling.
- To keep them fresh, put them in a sealed tupper ware to store.