Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
1 1/2 cup chocolate powder*
2 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend**
1 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup safflower oil
1/3 cup agave
1/2 cup unsweetened orange juice
1 cup soy milk mixed with 1 tbsp lemon juice***
2 cups loosely packed shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with liners.
- Mix the chocolate powder, flour blend, coconut sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Blend the eggs, oil, agave, orange juice and buttermilk well and the zucchini to the wet mixture.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients until the dry ingredients are fully moistened.
- Evenly divide the batter among the muffin cups. They will be quite full.
- Bake until the cupcakes are puffed and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Check at 15 minutes and adjust the time accordingly. Mine took about 25 minutes.
* A 10 oz solid chocolate bar processed in the food processor will yield the desired amount of chocolate powder.
** I made a homemade blend of garbanzo bean, sorghum, potato and tapioca flour, but you can use what you’d prefer.
*** It doesn’t have to be soy milk; you can use whatever type you’d prefer. Just be sure to add the lemon juice to make it a buttermilk.