Coconut Pineapple Bundt Cake
Shredded unsweetened coconut (amount depends on how much your bundt pan needs)
2 cups of your favorite gluten free flour blend
1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup gluten free millet flour
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
20 oz can of crushed pineapple in 100% juice
2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup safflower oil
1/2 cup agave
3/4 cup liquid egg whites or 3 whole eggs
2 tsp gluten free vanilla
2 tbsp vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12 in bundt pan with your preferred method. I used vegan butter. Then “flour” the pan with unsweetened finely shredded coconut to cover the pan entirely.
- Mix together the gluten free flour blend, oat flour, millet flour, coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the crushed pineapple with its juices, the unsweetened shredded coconut, safflower oil, agave, egg whites and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry with the vinegar and mix just until the dry ingredients are fully moistened.
- Carefully fill the bundt pan evenly all around. The pan will be full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the Bundt has risen, is golden, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I checked mine at 50 minutes and it needed about another 10 and finished with 60 minutes of baking.
- Remove the cake to a wire rack and allow it to cool for at least 15-25 minutes before releasing it from the pan and allowing it to cool completely on the wire rack.