3 8 oz containers of tofu cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup agave
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 cup tofu sour cream, at room temperature
1 cup leftover cranberry sauce (I made a homemade version which was just fresh cranberries with water and two tablespoons of agave)
1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Cover the bottom of a cheesecake springform pan with aluminum foil so it’s completely covered. You may need two or three layers to make it waterproof. I used an 8 inch pan for this cake to make it thicker but you can use a 9 inch pan for a thinner cheesecake. You’ll just need to adjust the cooking time. Grease the pan with your favorite method. I just used vegan butter.
- In a mixer, blend the tofu cream cheese until smooth.
- Slowly pour in the agave, mixing the entire time on low. Scrape down as needed.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into your prepare pan.
- If you want the chunkiness of the cranberries, then just dollop the leftover cranberries on top of the cheesecake and swirl through. If you want it smooth like I made it (because my autistic children have a thing about chunks!), put the leftover cranberry sauce in a blender or food processor with the orange juice and puree. Then dollop onto the cheesecake and swirl.
- Put the cheesecake pan into a larger pan and fill the larger pan with hot water, halfway up the cheesecake pan.
- Bake in the preheated over until the cheesecake is firm around the edges (a knife inserted will come out clean) but still a bit jiggly in the center. If you used the 8 inch pan, it may take 75 to 80 minutes or so. If you used the 9 inch pan, it may be slightly less. Don’t stress if you “overcook” by a little bit of time. It’ll just give you a firmer cheesecake, which some people actually prefer.
- When the cheesecake is done, turn off the oven and leave the door open and let the cheesecake cool in the oven before putting it into the fridge to chill.
- When you’re ready to serve it, you can drip some melted allergy-friendly chocolate as I did to make it festive or just serve as is or serve with an allergy friendly whipped cream.