Cranberry Orange Chocolate Cupcakes
3 cups Gluten free whole grain flour blend
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup Hershey Special Dark unsweetened cocoa
10 oz package Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
2 cups finely chopped dried cranberries (I give them a whirl in my food processor to make tiny pieces.)
1 cup Agave
3/4 cup safflower oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened orange juice
1 cup water
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
3/4 cup vegan soy free butter
10 oz Enjoy Life chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate chips but you can use semi-sweet if you like a sweeter cupcake)
- Put the chocolate chips into a large microwave safe bowl with the vegan butter and heat for one minute. Stir. Then continue to heat for 15 seconds at a time, as needed, just until stirring melts all the chips.
- Put the mixture into the freezer for 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the type of bowl you opted to use. The more shallow the bowl, the faster the mixture will begin to freeze. You just want the mixture to freeze around the edges and the center to still be soft.
- Mix the partially frozen mixture with a Kitchen Aid or hand blender, scraping down occasionally, until light and fluffy.
- Set aside until needed for frosting. Just before using re-blend to make it light and fluffy again.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 30 muffin cups with liners and set aside.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder. Add the chocolate chips and cranberries.
3. Blend together the Agave, oil, vanilla, orange juice, and water.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet with the vinegar, and mix quickly just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Pour into the prepared muffin tins, and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cupcakes are puffed and firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool the cupcakes on wire cooling racks; then frost and enjoy!