“Cream Cheese” Frosting
1/4 to 1/2 cup vegan butter (how much you choose to use depends on how buttery tasting you want your frosting versus cream cheese tasting)
agave (I suggest starting with one tablespoon and tasting to see if you need more sweetness)
4 oz to 8 oz tofu cream cheese (how much depends on how much butter you used, how much of a cream cheese taste you want and how thick you want the frosting; if you don’t have a dairy allergy and want to use real cream cheese instead of the tofu version, you may)
cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and/or cloves (add to your tastes, starting with 1/4 tsp of your choice or choices.
- In a mixer, mix the butter until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in the agave with the mixer on low to blend the agave in with the butter until creamy. Taste to see if you need to add any more agave.
- Add the tofu cream cheese and blend well until the frosting is to the desired thickness for easy spreading.
- Add the spices to your liking. I use all four for a nice spice frosting.
- If the frosting is too thick, you can thin it with milk of your choice. If it is too runny, thicken it with a little powdered sugar, using only 1 tsp at at time.