2 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend (use a version with brown rice flour)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup liquid egg whites
2 cups cooked, pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1 cup Agave
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup gluten free whole rolled oats
2 cups gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup vegan soy free butter
1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 11 x 15 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix together the gluten free flour blend, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Blend together the liquid egg whites, pumpkin, grapeseed oil, and agave. Add to the dry ingredients with the apple cider vinegar, and blend until the dry ingredients are fully moistened.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Combine the whole rolled oats, oat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Using clean hands incorporate the vegan butter into the mixture until everything is completely mixed and you have no dry ingredients leftover. You’ll have a nice clump which you can then crumble for the crumb topping.
- Evenly distribute small chunks of the crumb topping over the cake batter.
- Bake the prepared cake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the cake is puffed and golden.
- Cool the baked cake on a wire cooling rack. Using a sifter, gently sprinkle the powdered sugar to completely cover the crumb topping.