1 cup boiling water
2 cups Zante currants
2 cups cooked pureed vegetable of choice (carrots, pumpkin, butternut squash, etc….)
3/4 cup liquid egg whites
2/3 cup plant oil (I’ve used both safflower and grapeseed)
1 cup Agave
3 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 30 muffin cups with liners.
- Add the boiling water to the currants and let sit for at least five minutes.
- To the currants add the pureed vegetable of choice, the egg whites, the oil, and the Agave. Mix well and set aside.
- Blend together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with the vinegar and mix just until the dry ingredients are completely moistened.
- Evening divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until muffins are puffed, golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.