Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
1 cup safflower oil
3/4 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
2/3 cup Hershey unsweetened Special Dark cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup King Arthur whole grain gluten free flour blend
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
2 whole eggs
2 tsp gluten free vanilla
1 cup coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener blend
1 cup non-dairy milk (soy or oat or flax)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin/cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large microwave safe measuring cup, melt together the safflower oil, dark chocolate chips, and unsweetened cocoa powder by microwaving for a minute and stirring until everything is smooth and completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- Combine in a bowl, the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg whites, eggs, vanilla and coconut or monk fruit sugar until well mixed.
- To the large bowl of liquid ingredients, add the cooled chocolate and milk, blending well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the the liquid and stir until all ingredients are completely incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly among the lined tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the cupcakes are puffed, dry and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the tins and allow the cupcakes to cool on wire cooling racks.
- Eat as is or frost with desired frosting.