Dried Plum Muffins
7 ounces of pitted, chopped dried plums (prunes)
1 cup gluten free rolled whole oats
1 1/2 cup boiling water
2 tbsp ground golden flaxseed
6 tbsp water
1 cup gluten free oat flour
1 cup garbanzo bean flour
1/3 cup potato starch
2/3 cup arrowroot starch
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
1 cup mashed, ripe bananas
1/2 cup safflower oil
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners or grease them so the muffins won’t stick to your pan.
2. Mix the chopped dried plums with the oats in a bowl, and pour the boiling water over them, pushing the dried plums and oats down into the water so they are covered. Let sit.
4. Whisk together the ground flaxseed with the water, and set aside.
5. Whisk together the oat flour, garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, arrowroot starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
6. Mash the bananas and mix with the oil and the dried plums and oatmeal mixture and the flaxseed mixture.
7. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients along with the apple cider vinegar. Mix up quickly just until the dry ingredients are moist.
8. Evenly scoop the muffin batter among the 24 muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes or until the cupcakes are golden and puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Remove the muffins to a wire rack and cool completely. These keep well in a tightly covered tupper ware container.