Fruit Butter Muffins
8 ounces of chopped dried fruit, your choice
1 cup gluten free instant oats
1 1/2 cup boiling water
2 tbsp ground golden flaxseed
6 tbsp water
3 cups gluten free flour blend (I like to use a garbanzo bean, sorghum, and oat flour blend)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger
3/4 cup plant base oil (extra light olive, safflower, avocado, etc…)
1/2 cup fruit or vegetable butter
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners or grease them so the muffins won’t stick to your pan.
2. Mix the chopped dried fruit with the oats in a bowl, and pour the boiling water over them, pushing the dates and oats down into the water so they are covered. Let sit.
3. Whisk together the ground flax seed with the water, and set aside.
4. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Set aside.
5. Mix the oil with the fruit butter, oatmeal mixture, and the flax meal mixture.
6. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients along with the apple cider vinegar. Mix up quickly just until the dry ingredients are moist.
7. Evenly scoop the muffin batter among the 24 muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes or until the cupcakes are golden and puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the muffins to a wire rack and cool completely. These keep well in a tightly covered tupperware container.