Grain Free Spice Pancakes
1 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
1/2 cup cassava flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened dairy free milk (we used soy but flax or oat or almond work, too)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 plant based oil (we used safflower but extra light olive oil or avocado oil would work, too)
- Mix together the garbanzo bean and cassava flours with the baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- Blend together the unsweetened milk with the lemon juice, and add the eggs and oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and mix until well blended.
- Heat a griddle at 325 to 350 degrees or a skillet on the stove on medium heat. If either is nonstick, no additional greasing is needed. If neither are nonstick, then you’ll need to grease your pan with your preferred method.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake and let it cook for a minute or two until the edges become dry. Flip and finish cooking on the other side for 30 seconds to a minute. Your pancake will rise and be golden on both side when they are done.
- To keep the pancakes warm, put them into a glass container with a lid and put them into a preheated oven on the lowest setting (mine is 170 degrees). To cool, put them on a wire rack, and then stack them in a container to keep in the fridge. To reheat, just popped them into the toaster or in the microwave. They freeze well, too.