Lemon Bundt Cake
2 ½ cups Gluten Free Flour blend (I used King Arthur’s whole grain blend)
2 tsp gluten free baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp freshly grated lemon peel (from fresh lemons is the best way to go)
2/3 cup extra light olive oil
1/3 to 2/3 cup Agave (use higher amount if you like a sweet cake)
1/4 to ½ cup Truvia (use higher amount if you like a sweet cake)
½ cup “buttermilk” (I used soy milk mixed with 1/2 tbsp lemon juice)
3 large eggs
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (depending on size of lemons, you will need anywhere from 4 to 6 lemons)
1/4 cup plain water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a bundt pan for use. (I coated the pan with vegan butter, and then I sprinkled the pan with ground flaxseed.)
2. Mix the flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the lemon peel and mix well. Set aside.
3. Mix oil, Agave, Truvia, buttermilk, eggs, lemon juice and water.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Combine well until the dry ingredients are completely moistened. Batter will be thick.
5. Evenly spread batter into bundt pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
6. Cool on wire rack for at least 15 minutes before removing from the pan and cooling completely.