Lemon Raspberry Cake
Cake Batter Ingredients:
3 cups favorite gluten free wholegrain flour blend
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1/2 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup truvia
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup liquid egg white
1 cup flax milk mixed with 1 tbsp lemon juice (to make “buttermilk”)
1/3 cup lemon juice
10 oz tub of Simple Mills Frosting
4 oz Toffuti cream cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
Polaner Raspberry All Fruit
Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line two 9 inch round pans with parchment paper.
- Combine together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon peel. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the vegan butter until smooth, scraping down from the sides as needed.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the truvia and honey until well blended.
- Add the egg whites and eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- Alternate adding and mixing the flour mixture and buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Blend in the lemon juice.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the cakes are puffed and golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake layers cool in the pan on wire cooling racks.
- Make the frosting by mixing together the tub of frosting with the cream cheese and lemon juice until the frosting is light and airy.
- When the cake layers are cool enough, place one layer on your cake plate and frost it with a layer of the frosting.
- Using a spoon, drop small spoonfuls of the raspberry all fruit and carefully spread it over the frosting.
- Place the second cake layer on top of the all fruit layer, and use the remaining frosting to completely cover the sides and top of the cake.
- Arrange fresh raspberries on top of the cake, and chop and sprinkle the fresh mint leaves around the raspberries.