Lemon Blueberry No Bake Cheesecake
1 1/2 cup gluten, dairy, nut free graham cracker crumbs (I pureed Midel graham crackers)
2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
two 8 oz containers Tofutti vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
2/3 cup coconut sugar (I like things tart; you may want to sweeten it more)
one tablespoon lemon juice (Meyer lemons are sweeter)
one tablespoon lemon peel (optional, grating fresh lemons are better; store bought dried peel can be bitter)
one teaspoon gluten free vanilla
one cup So Delicious dairy free Coco Whip
one cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup water
one tablespoon Agave
one tablespoon cornstarch
one tablespoon water
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and mix until the crumbs are completely moistened. If you need to add a bit more melted butter, do so. Carefully press the crumbs in a glass pie pan to cover the bottoms and sides. Place into the freezer for half an hour.
- In a mixer, blend the cream cheese until smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottoms.
- Add the coconut sugar and blend for a couple of minutes until completely smooth and not grainy.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon peel, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the Coco Whip, and mix just until blended. Pour into the prepared crust.
- In a small saucepan on the stove top, mix the blueberries with the water and agave and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, mix the cornstarch with the water and blend until smooth. While stirring the blueberries, add the cornstarch mixture and keep stirring until the blueberries thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Carefully places spoonfuls of the blueberry mixture on the top of the cheesecake. Use a knife to run through the berries to create a pretty pattern and to mix the berries a bit into the top layer of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours.