Orange Cranberry Muffins
2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen, not dried)
1/2 cup unsweetened orange juice concentrate (frozen is fine)
1/2 cup Agave
1 cup milk of choice (cow, soy, flax, etc….)
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1 cup tapioca starch
1 cup potato starch
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 cup vegan soy free butter
1/2 cup Agave
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake liners in muffin tins or grease the muffin tins with your preferred method.
- In a food processor, chop up the cranberries with the orange juice concentrate and agave. Stir in the milk and set aside.
- Mix together the sorghum flour, quinoa flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, baking powder, salt, cloves, cinnamon and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- Cream the vegan butter with mixer. Scrape down the sides. Slowly add the agave, mixing on low until the butter is creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing the first in well before adding the second.
- Scrape down the sides and add the dry ingredients alternately with the cranberry milk mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, scraping down the side as needed.
- Fill the cupcake liners evenly with the batter (will be about 3/4 full).
- Bake for 15 minutes until cupcakes are puffed, golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on a wire cooling rack.