Partial Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
2 1/2 cup pureed ripe bananas (I needed four)
1/2 cup safflower oil
1/2 cup Agave
3 cups gluten free flour blend (I used Cup4Cup whole grain dairy, nut, soy free blend)
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
10 oz package Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup boiling water
2 tbsp vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin tins with liners.
- Mix the pureed bananas with the oil and agave. Set aside.
- Blend together the gluten free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the boiling water on top of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients on top of the boiling water.
- Add the vinegar and then stir until the dry ingredients are completely moistened. Your batter will turn chocolately but a majority of the chips will remain intact.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 24 tins. The tins will be filled to the top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the muffins have risen, are firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.