3 pkg 16 oz thawed frozen peaches, no sugar added or 6 to 7 cups sliced fresh peaches
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup agave
1 to 2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 to 1 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch or tapioca starch
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow pan mix the water with the agave, cinnamon, nutmeg and starch.
- Add the peaches and stir to coat well.
- Continue to stir as the mixture comes to a slow boil and begins to thicken.
- When the mixture has become glutinous and is sticking to the peaches, turn off the heat and let the peaches cool.
- Line the bottom of a 9.5 inch glass pie plate with a pie crust.
- Fill the crust with the peaches, layering the peaches individually into the crust, using your clean fingers.
- Top the peaches with the top crust and make slits or create a lattice crust to cover the peaches.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cover the entire pie with aluminium foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the peaches are bubbling.
- Remove the pie from the oven to a cooling rack and allow it to cool at least an hour before slicing into it.