40 whole grain saltine sized crackers, your choice of wheat or gluten free (you want to make a 16 inch x 10 inch rectangle; if using the matzo crackers, you’ll obviously use less because they are larger crackers)
1/2 cup vegan soy free butter
1/4 cup agave
1 cup allergy friendly dark chocolate mini chips
1/2 to 1 cup pumpkin seeds (I used the no salt added version but I tried both roasted and raw and liked both; if you have no allergies to nuts or peanuts, try using those if you don’t like pumpkin seeds; the amount to use depends on whether you just want a few seeds on each cracker or want the crackers to be covered with them.)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a rectangle 17 x 11 inch pan with aluminum foil. Generously grease the foil with your favorite method.
- Place the crackers on the foil lined pan to make a 16 x 10 inch rectangle.
- Melt the vegan butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently (should take only about a minute). Add the agave.
- Carefully pour the butter mixture over the crackers so each cracker is covered.
- Bake the crackers in the oven for 4 minutes. Remove the pan and turn off the oven.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the crackers and put the pan back in the turned off oven for 1 minute.
- Using a spatula, carefully spread the melted chocolate so all the crackers are covered.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds over the top of the chocolate.
- Put the pan into the freezer for about 10 minutes until the chocolate has solidified.
- Break apart the brickle and enjoy!