Summer Squash Bread
2 cups gluten free flour blend
1 cup sorghum or millet flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or you can use any combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice)
4 cups shredded, loosely packed summer squash
1/2 cup beaten eggs (usually two large eggs; can also just use egg whites)
3/4 cup safflower oil
3/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
3/4 cup agave
- Line a 9 x 15 pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the gluten free flour blend with the sorghum OR millet flour, the baking powder, the baking soda, the salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Mix the grated squash with the beaten eggs, oil, unsweetened orange juice, and agave.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and blend well.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the bread has puffed and is golden, pulling away from the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.