Two containers Tofutti dairy free cream cheese, at room temperature
One container So Delicious dairy free coconut whipped cream, partially thawed (I usually just take it out of the freezer and let it sit while I’m pulling together everything else)
Two containers Schar’s gluten free ladyfingers
4 cups strong coffee (I use double the coffee called for per cup)
unsweetened cocoa powder or ground cinnamon
Optional: shaved chocolate or cinnamon sticks
- Use a 8 x 11 rectangular glass pan. It perfectly fits the two boxes worth of ladyfingers.
- Using a mixer, whip the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides.
- Mix in the coconut whipped cream until well blended and creamy.
- Open one of the packages of ladyfingers and dip both sides of each ladyfinger into the prepared coffee. Layer the ladyfingers in the pan.
- Spread half of the whipped cream cheese/cream mixture over the ladyfingers and sprinkle either unsweetened cocoa powder or ground cinnamon over the top.
- Open the second box of ladyfingers, dip both sides of each into the coffee and layer the ladyfingers on top of the whipped cream cheese/cream mixture.
- Spread the remaining half of the whipped cream cheese/cream mixture over the ladyfingers and sprinkle either unsweetened cocoa powder or ground cinnamon on top. If you like, you can decorate it with shaved dairy free chocolate pieces or cinnamon stick shavings.
- Refrigerate for at least several hours. (This is one of those desserts which tastes even better the second day when everything has “settled” well.)