Triple Chocolate Avocado Brownies
1 cup mashed ripe avocado (usually two avocados)
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup boiling water
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup agave
2 cups gluten free flour blend (I used King Arthur’s whole grain version)
3/4 cup Hershey special dark unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 11 x 15 pan with parchment paper.
- Mash the avocado in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the unsweetened chocolate into a measuring cup or bowl which can sustain heat and pour the boiling water over it. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the liquid is slightly thick.
- Add the chocolate water mixture to the avocados, along with the vanilla and agave.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the flour with the unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until moistened.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until the batter is well mixed.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until the brownies are slightly puffed and just a slight indent remains in the center when you touch it.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan on top of a cooling rack.
- Remove the brownies from the pan by lifting the parchment paper, and slice the brownies into squares to enjoy.