Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cake
2 cups gluten free flour blend (I used a brown rice flour blend)
1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp gluten free vanilla
2 to 3 ripe bananas (you’ll need one cup’s worth of pureed bananas)
1/2 cup safflower oil
1/2 cup soy milk (can use any type, though)
3 cups finely shredded zucchini
1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper (or grease as you prefer).
- Mix the GF flour blend with the the oat flour, sorghum flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Puree the bananas so you have a cup’s worth. Add the oil and milk and mix well.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients with the wet, adding the vinegar.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake in the oven until the cake is puffed and golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Will take between 20 to 30 minutes, depending on your oven.