Allergy Friendly Coffee Cake
1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup vegan butter
3 cups Paula’s flour blend**
2 cups coconut sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegan tofu sour cream
2 frozen bananas (medium 5-6 inch in length)
1/2 cup soy milk mixed with 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup liquid egg whites
1/2 cup Polaner All Fruit
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 11 x 15 pan with favorite method or line with parchment paper.
2. Combine the garbanzo bean flour with the coconut sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Using a pastry knife cut the vegan butter into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs form. Set the streusel topping aside.
3. Mix the gluten free flour blend with the coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
4. In a food processor or blender, blend the tofu sour cream with the frozen bananas until thick and creamy. You should have 1 1/4 cup yield to use for the recipe.
5. Mix the sour cream-banana mixture with the soy milk mixed with lemon juice. Blend well, and then add the liquid egg whites.
6. Quickly mix the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients and spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
7. Drop small dollops of the Polaner All Fruit onto the cake batter so they’re evenly spaced on the surface. You won’t cover the entire surface of the cake.
8. Evenly distribute the streusel topping over the cake batter.
9. Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. The cake will puff and be golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean.
10. The cake is delicious warm. It’s also good at room temperature after it’s cooled a little bit.
** Paula’s coffee cake gluten free flour blend: 1/2 cup quinoa flour, 1 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour, 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1 1/4 cup sorghum flour, 1 cup potato starch, and 2 tsp xanthan gum. You’ll only use 3 cups of this which will leave you with some leftover flour which you can use for something else.