Banana Sheet Cake
5 cups Authentic Food Multi-Flour Gluten Free Blend (whisked well) or favorite gluten free blend mixed with xanthan gum (1/2 tsp per cup of flour)
2 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
10 oz Enjoy Life chocolate chunks, processed smaller in food processor
2 cups ripe, mashed bananas (about 5 five inch bananas)
1 1/3 cup flax milk mixed with 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup Mediterranean Oil Blend (olive, grapeseed and canola)
1 cup liquid egg whites
1 1/4 cup Agave
1 tsp gluten free vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 11 x 15 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg well. Combine the processed chocolate pieces with the flour mixture.
3. Mix the mashed bananas, flax milk, oil, egg whites, Agave, and vanilla together.
4. Mix the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients until they’re combined. Give the batter a quick stirring for about 30 seconds to make sure everything is well mixed.
5. Carefully spread the batter into the pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes. The cake will be puffed and golden when it’s done and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.
NOTE: Because of the Agave, the cake may brown more quickly than you’d like. About halfway through the cooking time, you can always place a piece of foil or parchment paper lightly across the top to prevent darkening of the cake.
6. Cool the cake completely in the pan on a wire cooling rack. When cooled frost with your favorite frosting.