Berry Oat Bars
2 cups gluten free whole grain oats
2 cups gluten free flour blend (I use 1 c garbanzo bean and 1 c brown rice flour)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup Truvia or coconut sugar
3/4 cup vegan “butter”
3 tbsp Agave
15 oz Polaner All Fruit with Fiber (your choice of flavor)
1. Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper so there are “wings” hanging over the edges, and preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix together the oats, flour, cinnamon, salt and Truvia or coconut sugar in a large bowl.
3. Put the “butter” into the oat mixture in pieces and use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the oat mixture until it’s crumbly and the butter is incorporated into the mixture.
4. Add the Agave and mix it well.
5. Remove about 1/3 of the mixture and put it aside for the topping. Pat the remaining 2/3 into the bottom of the 9 x 13 pan to form a crust.
6. Spread the Polaner All Fruit carefully over the crust. (We’ve made raspberry, strawberry, apricot, blueberry, etc….)
7. Evenly distribute the remaining 1/3 mixture over the top of the all fruit. You will have open spots of jam showing. This is fine.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes. The oats will be golden brown and the jam bubbly.
9. Remove from the oven and put the pan onto a wire cooling rack. It’s very important that you allow the bars to completely cool.
10. Once the bars are completely cooled, you can carefully remove them from the pan using the parchment paper and cut them into the desired size, or you can cut them directly in the pan and remove them one by one.