1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed
3/4 cup water
2/3 cup safflower oil
1 tbsp gluten free vanilla
2 cups coconut sugar
1 cup Gluten Free flour blend (we use Authentic Foods brown rice version)
1 cup sorghum flour
1/4 cup gluten free oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups allergen free chocolate chunks (we use Enjoy Life)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 11 x 15 pan. (Can use whatever you prefer.)
2. Mix the flaxseed with the water and let it sit while mixing the other ingredients.
3. Mix the oil, vanilla and coconut sugar. Stir the flaxseed mixture to be sure it’s thickened and looks like beaten eggs, and add it to the we ingredients.
4. Whisk together the gluten free flour blend, the sorghum flour, the oat flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, along with the chocolate chunks, and mix quickly until the batter is well mixed.
6. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the blondies are a golden brown. The batter will have puffed and be slightly firm to the touch.
7. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into pieces to be eaten. (You can certainly cut them while warm, but like brownies they won’t cut as well.)