Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge
3 cups Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
Equivalent to 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk*
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups mini marshmallows
2 tbsp melted vegan “butter”
1. Line a pan with aluminium foil or parchment paper or wax paper, leaving flaps overhanging on all four sides so you can pull out the fudge.
2. Mix the chocolate chips with the sweetened condensed milk and the salt. Melt slowly over low heat, stirring constantly, until all the chips are melted.
3. Stir in the melted “butter” and one cup of the marshmallows. Stir until those have melted into the chocolate.
4. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and the remaining two cups of marshmallows. Stir just until the marshmallows are incorporated but still firm.
5. Scrape the fudge into the prepared pan with a rubber scraper and smooth the top of the fudge flat.
6. Cool in the fridge for several hours until hardened.
7. Use the flaps to remove the fudge from the pan, turn it over onto a cutting board, and peel away the foil or parchment paper or wax paper.
8. Cut the fudge into size and shape wanted and store in a container or individually wrapped in the fridge.
*If you don’t have milk allergies, use the canned sweetened condensed milk, but if you do: You can also try making homemade sweetened condensed milk by mixing about 2 1/2 cups of your type of “milk” (rice, nut, coconut, soy) with 8 tbsp sugar or agave. Stir well and simmer over low heat until the “milk” has reduced and thickened. This will take a couple of hours. Keep the heat low and stir frequently. When it’s thickened, you can add 1/8 tsp of salt and/or 1/2 tsp vanilla, if you’d like. Put a clear plastic wrap up against the mixture before cooling in the fridge to prevent a “skin” from forming. When you need it, use the sweetened condensed milk to substitute for a 14 oz can.