Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Snack Cake
3 1/2 cups 100% whole wheat flour or 3 cups Authentic Foods Multi-Blend Gluten free flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup Hershey Special Dark unsweetened cocoa (or regular unsweetened cocoa if you prefer)
10 oz package Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
1 cup chopped dried cranberries (or another dried fruit like cherries or raspberries or blueberries — if you have a food processor, chop the dried fruit into even smaller pieces to more evenly distribute the flavor through the cake)
1 cup Agave
3/4 cup grapeseed oil (or another type you prefer)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups water (or fruit juice if you’d prefer)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or another type you prefer like white or raspberry)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 11 x 15 pan. (I would use “If You Care” parchment paper, but you can Pam spray it or coat it with oil or butter and flour.)
2. Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Stir in the mini chips and chopped dried fruit. Set aside.
3. Blend together the Agave, oil, vanilla, and water.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet with the vinegar, and mix quickly just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Pour into the prepared pan, and bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool in the pan on a wire rack, or if you’re like my children, dig into it while it’s still warm!