Gluten Free Cranberry Chip Pumpkin Muffins
3 1/2 cups Authentic Foods Gluten Free Multi-Blend Flour Mix
1 tbsp gluten free baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 cups finely chopped dried cranberries*
1 cup Enjoy Life Allergen Free mini chocolate chips**
2 cups pureed pumpkin or one 15 oz can pumpkin
1 cup liquid egg whites
1 cup Agave
2/3 cup safflower oil
1/2 cup soy milk (or whatever type you prefer or need)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line 24 muffin tins with If You Care Baking Liners (or another type if you prefer or simply grease the cups).
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves with a whisk until the flour is light and airy, not heavy.
3. Stir in the cranberries and mini chocolate chips.
4. Mix the pumpkin, egg whites, Agave, oil, and milk.
5. Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend until well combined.
6. Evenly divide the batter among the muffin tins. The cups will be 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Muffins will be puffed up and golden brown.
* Make sure the cranberries are finely chopped, because large cranberries in this muffin will mess up the texture of the muffin since you’re using gluten free flour. I generally use my food processor to just chop them up, but you can always use a pastry knife or simply chop them up by hand.
** Make sure they are mini chocolate chips to help with the texture of the muffins. You can also reverse the ratio and have one cup of the cranberries and two cups of the mini chocolate chips, which is how my children prefer it.