Chocolate Chip Bars
2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour or 2 cups Authentic Foods gluten free blend
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup soy free Earth Balance “butter”
3/4 cup Agave
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups Enjoy Life allergen free mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 11 x 17 x 1 inch cookie sheet with parchment paper slightly larger than the pan, so the ends hang off.
3. Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Set aside.
4. In a mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
5. Slowly pour the Agave into the butter with the mixer mixing on low speed until the Agave is completely incorporated into the butter.
6. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between each addition.
7. Add the vanilla.
8. Slowly add the flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, mixing on low until all the flour is incorporated.
9. Add the chocolate chips.
10. Carefully spread the batter into the pan, using a rubber spatula to make sure the batter is evenly spread throughout the entire pan.
11. Bake for about 20 minutes until the batter is golden and puffed.
12. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. (This stores well by simply covering it tightly with plastic wrap or foil.)