Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
10 oz Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (or another type if you prefer)
1/2 cup Agave
2 cups 100% whole wheat flour
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1 cup soy free vegan butter, at room temperature (or another type if you want)
1/3 cup Truvia
4 eggs, at room temperature or egg white equivalent or fruit puree equivalent
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped Craisins (if you have a food processor, use it to chop the craisins; you can also just add them as is but the cookie will be “chunkier”)
1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (or another type if you prefer)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your cookie pans. (I would use “If You Care” parchment paper, but you can Pam spray or coat the pans with oil or butter.)
2. Melt the mini chips with the Agave over a pan of simmering water. (I put a small pan of water on the burner and place a large pan with a handle on top with the chocolate in it. Works well.) Set aside.
3. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. Beat the “butter’ until light and fluffy (if you have a mixer, use it). Slowly add in the Truvia, mixing well an using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides as necessary. Add the eggs, one at a time (or whites or puree) and blend well.
5. Slowly add the melted chocolate and vanilla, scraping the sides with a rubber spatula as necessary.
6. Add the flour mixture, and mix just until the dry ingredients are moist. Fold in the chocolate chips and craisins.
7. Drop the cookie dough by 1/4 cupfuls, leaving about 2 inches of space in between. Bake for about 15 minutes, rotating your cookie sheet halfway through. The edges will be slightly dry and the tops cracked a little.
8. Cool for a couple of minutes on the sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.