(created by slightly changing two frosting recipes from Elana’s Pantry)
2 cups Enjoy Life allergen free mini chocolate chips
2/3 cup safflower oil
2 tablespoons Agave
1 tablespoon gluten free vanilla
1. Put all ingredients into a microwave safe measuring cup and stir.
2. Microwave for one minute, and quickly and vigorously stir until the chocolate chips are completely melted and the mixture is starting to be a little thick.
3. Scrape the chocolate mixture into your mixing bowl (a metal bowl is best), and put into the freezer for about 15 minutes. (You want the mixture to be hardening almost the whole way through with only the middle being slightly runny still.)
4. Take out the mixing bowl and with a mixer, mix the frosting on a medium to high speed, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl, until the frosting is completely whipped and creamy. (The mixture taken from the freezer will be a dark brown with a glossy texture. When it’s been whipped, it’ll be a lighter brown and a thicker, creamier, frosting-like texture.)
5. Use the frosting to frost cooled cake layers. Unused frosting will keep in the fridge.