Eggless Chocolate Cheesecake
3 pkgs Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, at room temperature (or real cream cheese, if you prefer)
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
6 oz Greek plain dairy free yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup Agave , at room temperature
1/2 cup Agave
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp gluten free baking powder
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tbsp raspberry liquor*
2 tsp gluten free vanilla
12 oz Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream, at room temperature (or real sour cream, if you prefer)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees, and prepare a 9 to 10 inch springform pan by securely wrapping aluminum foil around the outside of the pan. Grease the bottom of the pan, but do not grease the sides of the pan to ensure proper rising of the cheesecake. (I would use “If You Care” parchment paper, but you can Pam spray the bottom or use butter or oil to grease it.)
2. In a large mixer, beat cream cheese just until it’s smooth, using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides down when done.
3. Mix in cocoa and yogurt mixed with Agave, just until it’s blended.
4. On low speed, very slowly drizzle in Agave. You want to take your time so the cream cheese mixture can slowly absorb the Agave and retain its creaminess.
5. Mix the baking soda, baking powder, and cornstarch together and mix into the cream cheese with the raspberry liquor and vanilla just until they’re mixed in.
6. Add the sour cream and mix just until it’s incorporated.
7. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours. A knife inserted into the outer edge should come out clean. The center will still be creamy. Another test is: If you gently shake the cheesecake, only the center should slightly jiggle.
8. Turn off the oven and open the door. Leave the cake in the center of the oven for 2 hours so it can slowly begin to cool.
9. Remove the cheesecake from the oven, and loosen and remove the sides of the pan. Put the cheesecake into the refrigerator to cool completely, at least four hours, but overnight is best.
* The raspberry liquor can be left out entirely. You can also substitute other flavored liquor or 1 tsp of another extract like mint.