Gluten and Dairy Free Waffles
1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
1 cup golden ground flax seed
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups “milk” (soy and flax work well)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup plant-based oil blend
1 tbsp Agave
1 cup frozen mini wild blueberries
1. Preheat waffle maker.
2. Whisk together the flour, ground flax seed, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Whisk the lemon juice into the milk and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the oil, agave and eggs to the milk, and whisk well.
5. Gently fold in the blueberries.
6. Put one cup of the batter into the waffle maker and cook according to the waffle maker’s design. (We have two; and for one, the light goes on when it’s done, but the other the light goes off. It always makes for an interesting morning!)
7. When the waffles are done, if you aren’t going to eat them immediately, put them onto a wire cooling rack so they can cool, and then put them into the fridge in a container. To reheat, simply toast them in the toaster on low.