Gluten, Dairy, Egg Free Oatmeal Pancakes
(Makes a lot; may want to half the recipe for a small family)
4 cups “milk” of choice (soy, flax, rice, cow, etc….)
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups gluten free quick oats
2 tbsp ground golden flaxseed
6 tbsp water
2 cups favorite Gluten Free flour blend (I used a garbanzo and fava bean blend for the protein and fiber)
1 cup sorghum flour
1 cup gluten free oat flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup Enjoy Life allergen free mini chocolate chips (can use regular mini chips if you aren’t allergic to them)
1/3 cup melted “butter” of choice (vegan, soy-free, or cow)
1/4 cup Agave
1 tbsp safflower oil
12 oz frozen wild mini blueberries
1. Mix the milk with the lemon juice. Add the quick oats, blending well, and let sit.
2. Mix the flaxseed with the water, and let sit.
3. Combine the gluten free flour blend, the sorghum flour, the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add the chocolate chips. Set aside.
4. Mix the melted butter, agave and oil. Combine this with the milk/oat mixture and flaxseed mixture, and add the blueberries.
5. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry until everything is well blended. Let sit while the griddle or pan heats.
6. Heat a pancake griddle to 350 degrees or a pan over medium heat. Grease with favorite method (oil, spray, butter).
7. Ladle pancake batter by 1/4 cups and let cook until the pancakes begins to bubble and get dry around the edges (usually just a minute or two). Flip and cook on the other side another minute or two.
8. Serve and enjoy! (I found them to be sweet enough without anything, but the kids still poured maple syrup on top!)