Gluten and Dairy Free Gingersnaps
(makes about three dozen cookies)
2 cups gluten free flour blend*
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup vegan butter
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg or 1 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water
1/4 cup molasses
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
3. Cream the butter. Add the coconut sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Add the egg (or flaxseed mixture) and beat well.
5. Slowly add the molasses while mixing on low.
6. Gradually add in the flour in small increments and beat until well combined.
7. Drop dough by level tablespoons onto the cookie sheets, making sure to leave space for them to spread.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cookies have browned and spread.
9. Let the cookies cool for a minute or two on the cookie sheet. Then remove them with a spatula to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. It’s important that they cool completely, because that’s what will harden them and give you the “snap”.
* Gluten Free Flour Blend:1 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour, 1 1/2 cup sorghum flour, 1/2 cup coconut flour, 1 cup potato starch, 2 tsp xanthan gum. (Will make two batches of cookies)