Easy Gluten Free, Dairy Free Vegetable Quiche Recipe
(This recipe can be adapted to use wheat and dairy if desired.)
(You can also use whatever filling you prefer instead of the option below.)
1 1/2 cup Garbanzo Bean flour
1/4 tsp ground onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed dried rosemary
1/4 tsp crushed dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup safflower oil
3 tbsp flax or soy milk
4 eggs (or 1/2 cup liquid egg whites mixed with 2 whole eggs)
1 cup flax or soy milk
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
10 oz thawed, chopped spinach
1/4 cup sauteed chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped cooked broccoli
1/8 cup chopped caramelized onions
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Mix the flour with the onion powder, salt, rosemary, thyme, oregano and pepper.
3. Whisk the safflower oil with the milk until it’s creamy. Pour into the flour mixture and stir with a fork until a dough ball forms.
4. Press the crust into a 9 or 9.5 inch pie pan, using your clean hands to form an even crust along the bottom and sides of the pan. Set aside.
5. Whisk the eggs with the milk, pepper and oregano. Set aside.
6. Combine the spinach, mushroom, broccoli and onions and arrange on the bottom of the crust.
7. Pour the egg mixture carefully over the filling and put the quiche into the center on the center rack.
8. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325 degrees. Bake for another 15-25 minutes. The quiche will be done when the center is slightly puffed and the egg is no longer runny. NOTE: When you reduce the heat, you may want to put aluminum foil around the edges of your crust to prevent too much browning. (My children like it toasty, so we dispense with that particular step, though.)