Chocolate Chip Muffins
8 ounces of pitted, chopped dates
1 cup gluten free rolled whole oats
1 cup boiling water
2 tbsp ground golden flaxseed
6 tbsp water
1 cup gluten free oat flour
1 cup garbanzo bean flour
2/3 cup potato starch
1/3 cup arrowroot starch
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger
1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
Four 6 inch bananas (comes to about 1 1/4 cups mashed)
1/4 cup safflower oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners or grease them so the muffins won’t stick to your pan.
2. Use a food processor to finely chop your dates into tiny pieces. (This will distribute the dates throughout your batter.)
3. Mix the finely chopped dates with the oats in a bowl, and pour the boiling water over them, pushing the dates and oats down into the water so they are covered. Let sit.
4. Whisk together the flaxmeal with the water, and set aside.
5. Whisk together the oat flour, garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, arrowroot starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
6. Mash the bananas and mix with the oil and the dates and oatmeal mixture and the flaxmeal mixture.
7. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients along with the apple cider vinegar. Mix up quickly just until the dry ingredients are moist.
8. Evenly scoop the muffin batter among the 24 muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes or until the cupcakes are golden and puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Remove the muffins to a wire rack and cool completely. These keep well in a tightly covered tupper ware container.