Luncheon Rice Dish (made with leftovers)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup flour of choice
1 1/4 cup milk of choice
1/2 cup fat free reduced salt chicken broth
1/4 cup white cooking wine
1/2 to 2 tsp curry powder, depending on how much you like curry
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 1/2 cups finely chopped leftover ham, chicken and vegetables
2 to 3 cups cooked brown rice, depending on the ratio of rice to leftovers you want
Optional: cheddar “cheese” of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a casserole dish.
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the flour and brown for a minute.
3. Slowly add the milk and broth. Whisk until the flour is completely mixed in, and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened.
4. Add the wine, curry powder and black pepper.
5. Mix the chopped leftovers with the rice and the sauce.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and if using, top with the cheddar “cheese”. Bake for thirty minutes until the entree is warm and bubbly.